Telematics Update has announced that registration is now open for the exclusive webinar: ‘Personalize the Connected Car Using Contextual Data’ with speakers from Harman and General Motors.
Telematics Update has brought together consumer telematics experts from General Motors and Harman for a webinar to explore how to use contextual data to create a connected car experience that makes driving safer, more efficient and ultimately more enjoyable. The free interactive webinar will be held on Thursday February 13 at 12 noon (EST) and is open to the entire consumer telematics community! Register here: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/detroit/webinar-contextual.php 
The connected car has many attributes including increasing safety through driver assistance or completing the connected lifestyle through seamless connectivity and enhancing the user experience. One thing that all these attributes have in common is the relevance of context to the experience in the car. This context can take many forms be it whether to divert an incoming call as driving conditions are difficult, or an offer for a half price burger at the driver’s favourite grill he/she is approaching.
The speakers in this webinar will look at how to relay information back to the driver with decision support based logic and the decisive role that context will play in location-based marketing, as this new revenue stream finds its calling in the connected car.
Telematics Update Project Director, Gareth Ragg stated, “Context is a complex formula that can take user experience to another level. It includes so many factors including location, situation, personal preferences and many more, all of which are extremely pertinent to travelling in a car. Incorporate context into your connected car and become a master of user experience.’
To understand how context can be incorporated into the connected car experience, Telematics Update has organised a live webinar entitled ‘Personalize the Connected Car Using Contextual Data.’ The 45 minute session will be delivered by two key industry figures:
- Rick Kreifeldt, VP Research and Innovation, Harman
- Steve Schwinke, Director of App Development, Global Connected Consumer, General Motors
The webinar will cover:
- Driving is all about context and that context is constantly changing. Debate how to harness contextual data to create a connected car experience that makes driving safer, more efficient and enjoyable.
- Anticipating driver's needs. How can layering information with decision-support logic produce an HMI experience that anticipates a driver's needs and reduces distraction whilst enhancing the driver experience?
- Take personalization beyond preferences by harnessing variables such as weather, time of day and trending data to deliver context rich content and apps to the car
- Look at the decisive role that context will play in location-based and driver profile-based marketing as this new revenue stream finds its calling in the connected car
The webinar can be joined for free at: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/detroit/webinar-contextual.ph p 
(Places are limited, so register early).
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director | Telematics Update
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
Office: +44 (0)20 7375 7578 | (USA Toll Free) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7578