Telematics Update today confirmed the addition of an all-star panel session that will discuss the value of educating consumers on privacy and data usage within the realm of usage based insurance at Insurance Telematics Canada Conference and Exhibition 2014 (May 28-29).
Panellists have been selected to debate the contentious issue of data ownership and storage to give an all-round perspective on usage based insurance in Canada. The panel will feature Alex Veilleux, Chief Product Manager – UBI from insurer Desjardins; Vincent Pavero, Director, Products & Innovation from telematics service provider iMetrik, Fred Carter, Senior Policy & Technology Advisor at the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner; and Gil Zvulony, Barrister & Solicitor at law firm Zvulony & Co. The session will be moderated by Adam Mayers, Personal Finance Editor, Toronto Star.
Jack Palmer, Project Director at Telematics Update, commented, “This panel session is sure to be one of the most enlightening of the whole conference. Research is suggesting that once the consumer is satisfied that their data is being stored and used in a safe and secure manner, there will be a tipping point for uptake of usage based insurance products in Canada. The panel is set to discuss what challenges need to be overcome before this is made reality.”
The panel session overview can be seen below -
Educating Consumers on Privacy, Data Usage and Insurance Telematics
One of the central challenges to UBI uptake is dispelling privacy concerns. Discover key considerations that need to be addressed when managing a UBI product.
- Break down the technology. Understand how data is utilized from device to the data centre and create a secure system that allays consumer fears surrounding the robustness of UBI products
- Develop a transparent and accountable UBI framework, embodied by clear terms and conditions, that gives clear answers to questions surrounding data ownership, usage and storage to build trust amongst consumers
- Determine how future privacy debates will be shaped by advances in connected car technology so that insurers and TSPs can prepare for new customer acceptance challenges
- Fred Carter, Senior Policy & Technology Advisor to the Commissioner, Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
- Alex Veilleux, Chief Product Manager UBI, Desjardins
- Vincent Pavero, Director, Products & Innovation, iMetrik
- Gil Zvulony, Barrister & Solicitor, Zvulony & Co. pc
- Moderator - Adam Mayers, Personal Finance Editor, Toronto Star
With interest in UBI growing quickly there has been no better time to discuss how the auto-insurance ecosystem comes together with telematics service providers to produce the insurance products that consumers want. For the first time, Canadian-specific trends and challenges surrounding consumer uptake, privacy concerns and broker outreach will be addressed and delegates will have the chance to meet other influential parts of the value chain such as C-level execs from mobile network operators, data aggregators and of course, regulators.
For the complete Insurance Telematics Canada 2014 Conference programme and speaker line-up, visit: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics-canada/ 
Over 30 industry-leading speakers at the 2014 Conference
The Conference programme and speaker line-up has been announced. The C-level representatives that will address conference delegates in May include:
- Bruce Green, Senior Manager - Rates and Classifications, Financial Services Commission of Ontario
- Angelique Magi, Vice President- Strategic Initiatives, The Guarantee Company of North America
- Paul Mlodzik, VP - Marketing and Communications, The Co-operators
- Vincent Pavero, Director, Products & Innovation, iMetrik
- Hans Gantzkow, Senior Architect, Centre for Study of Insurance Operations
- Steve Livingstone, Vice President – Telematics, RSA Group
- Blair Currie, Vice President Business Development, IMS
- Matthew Turack, Vice President – Insurance, Canadian Automobile Association
- Clive Thomson, National Transportation Portfolio Executive, Zurich Canada
- Mark Prefontaine, Superintendent of Pensions, Insurance, and Financial Institutions, Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
The fuller speaker-line up of over 30 industry leading speakers has been released this week on the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics-canada/conference-speakers.php 
The most talked-about topics within Canadian insurance telematics will be discussed (following 6 months of independent research):
- The most up-to-date information from regulations
- How to make the most of the data goldmine
- The potential for brokers and direct writers
- The telematics business case
- Discover the potential of Value-Added Services
With 30+ senior-level speakers, 16+ sessions and attended by 150+ delegates, this year’s event will embody the breakthrough that the Canadian insurance telematics market will make and needs to be high up on all forward looking insurance execs’ agenda.
Of Telematics Update’s US sister show, Liberty Mutual commented, “This event will become the essential annual conference to stay connected within insurance telematics”.
For the complete Insurance Telematics Canada 2014 conference programme and speaker line-up, access the e-brochure at http://www.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics-canada/conference-event-brochure.php 
or contact the Telematics Update team at firstname.lastname@example.org 
Register before Friday, May 2 via the secure link below to take advantage of a $100 CAD saving on all conference passes: https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics-canada/register.php 
The discounted rate at the Westin Prince Hotel ends on May 1st - https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/InsuranceTelematicsCanada 
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director | Telematics Update
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
T: +44 (0) 20 7375 7572 (Global) / 1 800 814 3459 ext 7572 (USA Toll Free)
E: email@example.com