Telematics Update will unite leading players from across the connected car industry at the inaugural Telematics West Coast Conference & Exhibition 2014 to discuss how to leverage data to create the next generation of smart content and services for the connected vehicle.
Telematics West Coast will be replacing Content & Apps for Automotive as Telematics Update’s event dedicated to innovation in telematics on the West Coast USA. The conference has been reinvented in-line with the evolution of the telematics industry, as the connected car becomes increasingly driven by data and becomes a pivotal part of the constantly connected society. As ever, the forum will bring together over 200 leading decision-makers from across the automotive and tech industries to address the opportunities and challenges facing the development and delivery of in-car content and services.
Telematics Update project director, Gareth Ragg stated, “We are excited about the new direction that this event has taken. After 4 hugely successful ‘Content & Apps for Automotive’ conferences the industry landscape has changed.” He continued, “At Telematics West Coast we anticipate a cutting edge and disruptive discussion on the future of data-enabled services in the connected vehicle, debated in a way only the West Coast can. Big Data is causing big debates in telematics, and its potential for changing the way content and services are delivered is set to be profound. This is the event which is to set the agenda for this change.”
For all the latest updates and information and to register for the brochure with full speaker line-up and agenda visit: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/conference-event-brochure.php 
Cutting Edge Topics at Last Year’s Show:
To get an idea of the quality of discussion to expect at Telematics West Coast 2014, here are some of the key topics from 2013:
- THE AUTOMOTIVE PLATFORM STANDOFF: Despite the hype surrounding platform standardization, a common consensus remains elusive. Get to grips with commercial app interfaces (MirrorLink & SmartDeviceLink) and open source development projects (GENIVI & LINUX) to forecast whether the outlook is for cooperation or competition
- CE GIANTS TO INFILTRATE THE IVI EXPERIENCE?: Apple and Google have taken their first steps into the car. Evaluate whether Android and iOS are primed to make the leap to auto-grade and tackle whether OEMs will be willing to risk brand differentiation in their quest to lure tech. loyal evangelists
- DEVELOP THE NEXT GENERATION OF CONTEXT AWARE APPS: Elevate the personalization of the in-car experience beyond simple user preferences by harnessing variable such as, weather, time of day and trending data to deliver context rich content and applications to the vehicle
- THE BATTLE FOR AUTOMOTIVE - DETROIT VS. SILICON VALLEY: The cars being developed today will be driven by digital natives. With their passion for hashtags outstripping horsepower and twitter overtaking torque, debate whether Silicon Valley or Detroit represents the future of auto.
Industry Leading Speakers From Last Year
To see the high calibre of speaker to expect, have a look at some of the speakers at last year’s event:
- Steve Schwinke, Director of Application Development, Global Connected Consumer, General Motors
- Adam Richman, Audio Business Development, ESPN
- Matt Jones, Senior Technical Specialist - Infotainment, Jaguar Land Rover
- Damon Lavrinc, Transportation Editor, WIRED
- Steffen Neumann, Project Manager, Mercedes-Benz R&D North America
- Charles Koch, Manager New Business Development, American Honda
- Chris Ruff, CEO, UIEvolution
- Michael Harkey, Platform BD, Foursquare
- Henry Bzeih, Head - Infotainment & Telematics, KIA Motors
- Geoff Snyder, Director - Automotive Business Development, Pandora
- Martin Kristensson, Head of Content Acquisition, Volvo
Get the latest updates and information and register for the brochure with full speaker line-up and agenda here: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/conference-event-brochure.php 
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director | Telematics Update
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7221 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7221