Telematics Update is excited to announce that the Insurance Telematics USA Conference (3-4 September at the Radisson Aqua Blu, Chicago) is back for 2014.
Insurance Telematics USA has confirmed representatives from Progressive, The Hartford, American Family Insurance, Ford, Lexis Nexis, IBM and Towers Watson to discuss the seismic change brought about by insurance telematics.
After a period of stagnation, the insurance telematics industry is undergoing a time of disrupters entering the space. Major software companies such as Lexis Nexis and Google are moving in on the action, undergoing major internal changes to establish themselves as major players in the field. Moreover, other powerful industries are showing interest in UBI industry, a recent trend of automakers forming relationships across the UBI industry promises to be a major game-changer in this rapidly expanding market. To examine these disrupters and their effect on the industry between now and tipping point, the Insurance Telematics USA 2014 Conference (3 – 4 September, Radisson Aqua Blu, Chicago) will have targeted sessions on these powerful forces.
Ofir Eyal, Principal, The Boston Consulting Group understands that following its acquisition of Waze, Google has been having conversation with different insurers about potential services they might offer around tracking and GPS devices. “So all indications point to their involvement in the telematics industry,” Eyal says. “What isn’t clear is what parts and what role in the value-chain they might be interested in taking”.
Insurance Telematics USA 2014 is the largest event in North American to bring the entire insurance telematics ecosystem under one roof:
• 800+ senior executives attending
• Over 60 hand-picked thought leaders speaking
• 40+ sessions on disrupters, data & pricing, the consumer, the rise of the app and more
• Best in class for networking: over 20 hours of focused networking with the entire ecosystem
The full agenda and speaker line-up has just been announced on the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics/ 
The Topics Propelling the Insurance Telematics Industry Forward
Insurance Telematics USA is set to explore the crucial topics that are acting as catalysts for change in the telematics industry:
• Sophisticated Data – Pricing’s New Best Friend: Give greater predictive power to underwriting through cognitive models and make the right decisions regarding storage now, to allow for accurate pricing
• Automakers & Tech. Giants Step into the Playing Field: Prepare for these big players, dominant in the consumer psyche, to take a slice of the UBI pie – discuss how to stay ahead of the game
• New Tech. Equals Regulation Changes: Will auto safety tech. impact liabilities and auto insurance? Will consumer demand force the hands of all 50 states to have policies that allow for UBI? Make sure you’re up to speed
• The Consumer: Analyze and Segment to Win! Create consumer segments relevant to UBI and build value added services (VAS) most relevant for each in order to deploy bespoke products and run targeted marketing campaigns
• Do Apps and Consumers go Hand-in-Hand? Interpret and combine smartphone data effectively by comparing to OBD2 data from like-for-like events in order to utilize this ubiquitous consumer experience and negate concerns over privacy and complex UBI concepts
• Brokers – Don’t Stay in the Dark: 30% discounts, loyal customers, exponential increases in sales – all this is true for brokers who have sold UBI. Hear real-life case studies for a 360° view on what UBI means for your customers – and you!
To view the complete agenda, visit:
The Insurance Telematics USA Conference & Exhibition (3-4 September at the Radisson Aqua Blu, Chicago) unities the insurance, software and automotive industries to examine the steps needed to implement a UBI program with a strong business model and take it to the mass-market: the tipping point is just around the corner.
American Family Insurance said: “UBI and Telematics has moved from a niche concept to a strategic necessity in our industry. In some shape or form, it is here to stay. [Insurance Telematics USA] is a great combination of expertise, information, and experience to help navigate through it all.”
For the complete Insurance Telematics USA 2014 agenda and speaker line-up, visit: www.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics/ 
The Most Prestigious Speaker Line-Up Ever:
60+ industry leaders will take to the stage on 3-4 September, including:
• Dave Pratt, General Manager Usage Based Insurance, Progressive Insurance
• Pete Frey, Personal Lines Program & Product Manager, American Family
• Anthony Largo, Director of Commercial Auto Telematics, Liberty Mutual
• Dave Chronowski, Product Manager Connected Services Solutions, Ford
• Marc Natrillo, Director - Product Development, The Hartford
• Allen Greenberg, Senior Policy Analyst Federal Highway Administration, DoT
• Lee Barclays, Senior Actuary, Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner
• John Heffernan, AVP/Director - Standard Lined Strategic Initiatives, State Auto Insurance Group
The full speaker line-up is available on the website:
Progressive stated that Insurance Telematics USA is a “Great opportunity to see all the major players in the telematics insurance space at one time”.
For the complete Insurance Telematics USA 2014 conference program and speaker line-up, access the e-brochure at: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics/conference-event-br...  or contact the Telematics Update team at firstname.lastname@example.org 
Register before June 11 via the secure link below to take advantage of a $300 saving on all conference passes: secure.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-telematics/register.php
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director | Telematics Update
E: email@example.com 
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7546 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7546